Home of all things kawaii I'll be doing reviews on things I buy both online and offline, based around the fashion styles Lolita, Fairykei,Pastel Goth & more.

Monday 3 September 2012

Bodyline Rockinghorse Shoes Review!

 

Bodyline Studded Rockinghorse Shoes! 

I was tempted into buying these shoes after seeing them on tumblr multiple times. They're a lot different from the regular platforms I wear, but oddly they're more comfortable. It took me months to actually decide to purchase them, so if you're wondering if YOU should, then..

Simply put, yes, you should buy them. Why? Well, let me explain.

Price: At around £30 (just over $50) they're a bargain. I was expecting poorer quality than what I received but I was actually pleasantly surprised. Definitely great value for money. 
Overall rating: 5/5

Quality: They're sturdy and include handy fastenings underneath the ankle straps so you can simply clip on and off rather than having to undo them,plus the ankle straps are also removable. I love this part of the shoes as it is changeable in appearance. If you wanted these shoes for part time lolita you could buy some ribbon and make them into regular black rockinghorse shoes, and keep the other straps for whenever you may need them. Personally I'm keeping the studded straps on because I adore them, they really make my outfits complete. I was expecting the wood to dirty when worn but it's stayed clean, obviously best to avoid mucky places but they can definitely be worn for shopping or casual outings. They did scuff when first worn, just a white mark on the tip of the shoe is visible now, but can be covered with black shoe polish thankfully. In this case that is my only downfall with these shoes. For the price they are great quality. Overall rating: 4.5/5

Shipping: Be warned, Bodyline does not  always ship shoes in a box. When I got mine they were just wrapped in paper and had torn the bag. I'm lucky that nothing had fallen out, it would have if I wasn't careful. So this is something to be wary of. I'm not saying you would lose anything from your purchase, mine did arrive in tact, but it's certainly a bad move on their part to not box the shoes. Overall rating: 2

Despite the dodgy postage I do recommend these shoes. 
I have ordered from bodyline twice and both times got my items so no need to worry too much.
I was just upset by the fact the packaging was ripped. They really should box shoes.

If you're interested in these here is the item link:

                                   Also check out my video review :3 (and sub for more in the future!)

                                                                                        


No comments:

Post a Comment